Jorie Louise Walker

Published by Demo Kitchen under on Tuesday, February 01, 2011

We welcomed the most sweet little love muffin last Tuesday, January 25, 2011 at 1:43 pm. She weighed in at a whopping 6 lbs 3 oz and 20 inches long. Lots of dark hair, long fingers and toes, and the most precious scrawny little legs and arms! She is so yummy it makes me cry if I think about it too long. Having a child is so overwhelming the first time, I think I was just trying to make sure I was doing everything just like the books say. But second time around, I have just enjoyed her sweet soft skin, her googly sleepy eyes, sneezes, everything she does (which I realize isn't much yet) but I just want to watch her and squeeze her and kiss her all day long! I definitely was ready to just love her instead of being -for lack of a better word- afraid of her and afraid of everything that a newborn entails. I know this time that I can still function, even with fewer hours of sleep than I desire. I can leave things undone sometimes and it really is ok. And I can be a mom to my sweet 2 yr old Halle too.


Have to show off the super cute blanket my mom had made for Miss Jorie. I love it so much! Louise was my Grandma Taylor's middle name, who passed away 12 years ago. I think it's such a cute middle name.

Proud big sister. Halle seriously loves her "Baby Jorie" so much. The first few days she didn't want anyone else to hold her. I've been nervous to put her down where Hal can reach her because I don't want her to be picked up, but I've been watching her when I do, and Halle just touches her head so soft and sometimes says/yells "Wake up baby Jorie". When Jorie cries, Halle says, "Baby, it's ok....(increasingly louder)...it's ok baby, don't cry!" But she really is just trying to comfort her.
Ah, the bond of sisters. I'm so grateful to have 2 beautiful, healthy girls.



I can't wait to take newborn photos this weekend. Can anyone agree with me that it is time for us to invest in something better than a point-and-shoot? We don't have many great pictures, so these are just a few. After a photo shoot you might even get a picture or two WITHOUT pajamas...on Halle or on Jorie. We pretty much keep it comfortable around here lately.


Quick rundown of delivery: went in to be induced at 6 a.m.; I had been 2 cm and 60% for 2 1/2 weeks and nothing had changed (sigh) - and so we started pitosin; 8:30 almost a 3, Dr. B broke my water; 9:30 epidural -best epidural ever- I swear the administration of it didn't even hurt! I felt like I was in heaven, half asleep for a couple hours; 6cm; I was nauseous and "got sick" several times, which made my nurse think maybe things were really progressing; so, sure enough we were ready to go and everything and everyone was just so calm and comfortable, I still can't believe how quickly it went and 3 contractions later, we were done! I could totally do that again. ;)

We are just so blessed and grateful for another healthy delivery and to have our sweet little Miss Jorie in our home. There really is an exceptional spirit with a newborn around. I love her so much, and it that new love I have found for this new spirit has only redoubled my love for Halle and especially for Lonny. He loves ALL of his girls so much and I am so grateful for him as my husband and "baby daddy":)

7 comments:

The Pingel Family said... @ February 1, 2011 at 5:11 PM

I saw your pics on facebook so I checked your blog and voila! You have posted! Jorie is a beautiful baby and I am so glad everything went well. "Natural birthers" cringe when I say this but seriously, being induced rocks! Maybe one day we can meet your sweet girls. Congrats!

Mandy@ a sorta fairytale said... @ February 1, 2011 at 8:25 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!!! She is just precious!! And that labor/delivery- holy cow, best story ever!! I hope my next is that easy! Ha ha.
Glad to hear all is well! Looking forward to more photos! :)

Krystal said... @ February 1, 2011 at 8:27 PM

Congrats Jess! She is so sweet! Your family is beautiful. I adore having two girls together, I'm sure you'll feel the same way. :)

Hope said... @ February 2, 2011 at 8:05 AM

Oh Jesse! She is so sweet! I with you guys lived closer so I could squeeze both of those girls. I LOVE the picture with Halle cheesing! I might need to learn how your mom did that blanket. It's awesome! Anyway, congratulations. You guys do a good job. Two beautiful girls! Love them!

Katie!! said... @ February 2, 2011 at 2:22 PM

jorie is absolutely adorable!!! what a beautiful name! congrats to your cute family!! :)

Rachel and Kevin West said... @ February 2, 2011 at 2:32 PM

Congrats Jesse! I'm so glad she is here and everyone is well! How fun is it that you have 2 girls?! They are both darling.

VicandNanc said... @ February 4, 2011 at 5:58 AM

Yay! Congratulations!!! TIMES 2! Congrats on a BEAUTIFUL baby girl with so much cute hair, I love it... and congrats on a good delivery day! Mine was so awful that I am dreading having a 2nd kid so hopefully it will be good like yours! Plus a 6 pounder sounds perfect to deliver too!

Post a Comment